Thursday 16 December 2010

Avenged Sevenfold Will NOT perform at Soundwave

A shocking announcement has been made which is that Avenged Sevenfold will not be performing at Soundwave festival's in Australia in 2011. In a statement (below) it mentions that they will be performing because they would not deliver a performance which the fans would enjoy. This is strange indeed and comes days after strange tweets from drummer Mike Portnoy. This is purely speculation which leads me to the view that something between Sevenfold and Portnoy is going on. Of course we hope all is well between both parties and hope that they are both ok! Statement and Tweets mentioned follow!
"Avenged Sevenfold regretfully announce they will not be performing at the upcoming Soundwave in Australia. After much effort, the band decided that they could not offer fans the live experience they have come to expect and didn’t want to disappoint them. Avenged Sevenfold will return to Australia soon to headline their own tour."
"There's alot of things going on in my life I wish I could openly & honestly talk about at the moment, but cannot...but when I can, I will..." Mike Portnoy via Twitter
"is sad...... : ( It's been a long, exhausting year (both physically and mentally) with many unexpected ups and downs and I think the most valuable lesson for me has been that the only people you can TRULY count on is FAMILY...thank you Marlene, Melody and Max for ALWAYS being there for me...." Mike Portnoy via Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment